What does this cover?
This policy governs our processing of all personal data provided to us by yourself and via Linked In, Company websites and information publicly accessible from the internet.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined below, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Who is the controller of the data we provide?
Compass Recruitment Ltd looks to ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information will we collect and how will we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
- to assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you
- to send your information to clients to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs
- to answer your questions and enquiries
- to third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client have requested, such references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as other professional recruitment advisors
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
Where will your information be held?
Where will it be accessible from?
The personal information that you provide to us (including sensitive personal information) will be held by Compass Recruitment Ltd, their recruitment software providers and accessible to Compass Recruitment Ltd, clients, and the third parties specified above.
How do you find out what information we hold?
Can you amend, modify or request this information be deleted, and can you unsubscribe from our services?
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information.
How long will we hold your information for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a recruitment company.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet.